About Opti-tec 5054-T High Temperature Epoxy Adhesive
Opti-tec™ 5054-T is a two component, thixotropic, heat curing epoxy. It is formulated for very high temperature resistance and can operate up to 350°C for short periods. Its structure gives the material outstanding environmental resistance including super heated steam at 135°C. Opti-tec 5054-T high temperature epoxy adhesive finds applications in fibre optics where superior thermal and environmental resistance is required. With a simple 1:1 mix ratio, it is supplied in a convenient side-by-side double syringe cartridge, complete with static mixing nozzles.
Opti-tec 5054-T is a high viscosity version of Opti-tec 5054.
Features & Benefits
- Can withstand high temperature steam autoclaving and operate for short periods up to 350°C
- Very long pot life of 12 hours after mixing
- High surface energy allowing it to readily wet glass optical fibres. It develops strong adhesion to most materials used in fibre optics and optics, including metals, ceramics, glass and most plastics.
- Low shrinkage on cure, which reduces internal stresses within the bond
- Excellent impact and thermal shock resistance, with low internal stresses
- High glass transition temperature results in excellent high temperature performance and creep resistance
- Very high resistance to moisture, vapours and most chemicals.
- Low outgassing and low vapour pressure – ideal sealing material for electronic and optical applications
- May be gelled at 80°C prior to full cure
- High temperature, high performance bonding and sealing
- Endoscope manufacture and repair
- Electronics repair
|Mix ratio||1:1 resin to hardener|
|Mixed viscosity||15,000 mPa.s (15,000 cps)|
|Pot life||12 hours @ 23°C
|Cure schedule||Bondline temperature
2 hours – pre-cure gel (optional)
|Note: Optimal cured properties are achieved by curing for 15 minutes at a bondline temperature of 150°C. Whilst lower cure temperatures are quoted, they are not recommended for best performance.|
(15 minutes @ 150°C)
|Glass transition temperature (Tg)||>140°C|
|Hardness, Shore D||92|
|Temperature range||-60 to 250°C|
|Shrinkage on cure||<3.5%|
|Shelf life||12 months in original sealed containers|
Opti-tec 5054-T is available in a convenient side-by-side double syringe cartridge.
The OPT5054-T-50KIT contains a 50 gram cartridge of high temperature epoxy, a Syringe Gun and three static mixing nozzles. It is ideal for product evaluations or small quantity users.
|OPT5054-T-50G||50 gram double syringe cartridge|
|IDM2N10||Static mixing nozzle (pkg 10)|
|OPT5054-T-50KIT||Contains 50 gram cartridge of high temperature epoxy, a Syringe Gun and three static mixing nozzles|
Storage: Store in the original unopened containers under cool dry conditions between 15° and 25°C.
Our technical team are on hand to discuss your application requirements. Click here to get in touch.
Find out more information on how to purchase.
- Last updated: November 2020
- Version: 2.9
Statements, technical information and recommendations contained herein are based on tests we believe to be reliable but they are not to be construed in any manner as warrantees expressed or implied. The user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.