About Robot Enclosures for Benchtop and Gantry Robots
Our enclosures are designed and built to meet the requirements of The Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations 2008 and Designated Standards.
In addition to your purchase of dispensing automation from us, we recommend one of our UKCA(CE) marked safety enclosures. These purpose-built enclosures will help you meet your health and safety obligations under the Use of Work Equipment Directive 2009/104/EC and allow you to manage the responsibilities coming from your risk assessment of the process – hassle free and at low cost.
Available in both benchtop and freestanding configurations, safety enclosures provide a clean, professional, and safe work environment to operate your dispensing equipment.
Incorporating a four-sided polycarbonate shell, front facing infra-red safety curtain (or interlocked doors) and start/stop box with cut-off switch, enclosures from Intertronics ensure that operators and machinery do not come into contact during operation.
Our team of technicians are able to build robot enclosures suitable for all of the robots that we sell, and will produce bespoke enclosures to meet your specific requirements. Often, the robot enclosure is a component of a turn-key automated dispensing system we assemble for a customer.
Features & Benefits
- Compliancy; meets the requirements of EU Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and UKCA
- Workforce protection; provides safeguards from operational hazards
- Plug and play compatibility; integrates seamlessly with Fisnar robotic dispensing systems
- Single Source; mitigates incompatibility and time and resource loss by having a single supplier for both robot and enclosure
- Exterior mounted controls allow safe operation during part processing
- Internal electrical box and integrated cable ducting create a clean, professional working environment
- Light curtains or interlocks provide easy and safe access inside the system
- Robust aluminum frame with polycarbonate side panels provide resistance to knocks and bumps
In addition to European regulations, Intertronics safety enclosures also conform to relevant UK Statutory Instruments, including the latest versions of:
- Supply of Machinery (Safety) Regulations
- Electromagnetic Compatibility Regulations
- Electrical Equipment (Safety) Regulations
|Benchtop Enclosure||Freestanding Enclosure|
|F4300N Advance Series|
|F4400N Advance Series|
|F4500N Advance Series|
|F4600N Advance Series|
|F6000 Advance Series|
Optional Additional Features
In addition to pre-constructed systems, our in-house technical team can design and construct custom enclosures to your suit your specific requirements. Additional optional features can include:
- Custom enclosure sizing
- Monitor brackets for vision guided systems
- Custom part processing jigs
- Internal lighting
- Interlocking front facing doors
- UV blocking polycarbonate side panels
- Base plates for benchtop models
- Shelving for controllers or ancillary machinery
- Traffic light processing beacons
Our robot enclosures can be delivered on their own or as part of a full dispensing system.
To help with specifying a safety enclosure, our product specialists would be happy to discuss your application to determine which might be most suitable. Contact us for further information and assistance.
- Last updated: August 2021
- Version: 2.0
Statements, technical information and recommendations contained herein are based on tests we believe to be reliable but they are not to be construed in any manner as warrantees expressed or implied. The user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.