About Dymax BlueWave® MX-Series High Intensity LED UV Curing System
The Dymax BlueWave® MX-Series LED UV spot and flood curing system provides manufacturers with the curing flexibility of other Dymax systems but in a small, efficient design with expansion capabilities. An MX-Series LED UV curing system comprises two main parts: a controller with an easy-to-use touchscreen interface and a uniquely designed, high-intensity LED emitter, offering better uniformity and more consistent curing-energy emissions than traditional UV curing systems. Curing energy is created using a micro-processor-controlled LED chip set in the emitter.
Emitters are available in three patterns:
- the MX-150 emitter provides a 5mm x 5mm spot pattern
- the MX-250 emitter provides a 50mm x 50mm flood pattern
- the MX-275 emitter provides a 5mm x 50mm line pattern
The system’s multi-channel controller can be paired with multiple emitters, allowing them to be grouped together to create larger curing pattern matrices as needed.
With this new design, the LED UV flood curing system can be truly tailored to your curing needs – allowing you to choose from three different wavelength LED emitters (365, 385, or 405 nm) and providing additional flexibility with the size and pattern of the active curing area. This system can be set up as a bench-top unit, or for automated curing processes, the emitter can be easily mounted to robotic arms or further from the controller without fear of intensity losses. When used as a bench-top curing system, the unit can be paired with a stand and shielding or a lightguide can be connected to MX-150 systems for specialised applications.
Features & Benefits
- High intensity for quick curing of a variety of materials
- Very high uniformity across entire cure area for consistent dosage, minimising variation in bond line cure characteristics
- Ability to cure small batches of parts under cure area simultaneously and to group emitters together for large curing patterns
- Available in 365, 385, or 405 nm wavelengths for optimal cure results
- Production Mode for simple on/off operation
- Curing programs can be saved and easily recalled
- Units can be password protected so only Production Mode can be accessed by workers
- Touch screen with full keyboard
- MX Series controllers can be used to power MX-150, MX-250 and MX-275 emitters, providing greater flexibility to switch between LED Spot and Flood curing configurations
- Instant on-off means no warm-up period and greater energy efficiency
- Comfortable hand-held operating temperature
- Temperature monitoring assures maximum LED life
- LED chip located in the emitter, rather than the controller, provides consistent intensity and eliminates potential intensity loss from long or bent lightguides
- Easily incorporated into automated systems with PLC interface
- Emitter can be mounted closer to application, while the controller remains close to the operator
For further information and specifications on the individual emitter types and associated controllers and lightguides, please see:
Dymax BlueWave MX-150 LED UV spot curing system (5 mm x 5mm output)
Dymax BlueWave MX-250 LED UV mini-flood curing system (50 mm x 50 mm output)
Dymax BlueWave MX-275 LED UV line curing system (5 mm x 50 mm output)
- Last updated: October 2019
- Version: 1.1
Statements, technical information and recommendations contained herein are based on tests we believe to be reliable but they are not to be construed in any manner as warrantees expressed or implied. The user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.