The Dymax BlueWave MX-250 LED UV flood curing system provides manufacturers with the curing flexibility of other Dymax systems but with new expansion capabilities. The unit comprises two main parts: a controller with an easy-to-use touchscreen interface and a uniquely designed, high-intensity LED emitter, offering better uniformity and more consistent curing-energy emissions than traditional flood-curing systems. Curing energy is created using a micro-processor-controlled LED chip set in the emitter. The emitter delivers a 50 mm x 50 mm active curing area, but the system’s controller can be paired with multiple emitters, allowing them to be grouped together to create larger curing pattern matrices as needed.
With this new design, the LED UV flood curing system can be truly tailored to your curing needs – allowing you to choose from three different wavelength LED emitters (365, 385, or 405 nm) and providing additional flexibility with the size and pattern of the active curing area. This system can be set up as a bench-top unit, or for automated curing processes, the emitter can be easily mounted to robotic arms or further from the controller without fear of intensity losses.
Admin and Production Modes
Admin mode fully unlocks the device and allows for setting curing time and intensity cycles. Each individual curing cycle can be entered and saved as a program, and recalled when needed. The production mode is designed for simple operation by manufacturing personnel. Settings and access to admin mode can be password protected using the full QWERTY keyboard.
Features & Benefits
- High intensity for quick curing a variety of materials
- Very high uniformity across entire cure area for consistent dosage, minimising variation in bond line cure characteristics
- Ability to cure small batches of parts under cure area simultaneously and to group emitters together for large curing patterns
- Available in 365, 385, or 405 nm wavelengths for optimal cure results
- Production Mode for simple on/off operation
- Curing programs can be saved and easily recalled
- Units can be password protected so only Production Mode can be accessed by workers
- Touch screen with full keyboard
- MX Series controllers can be used to power both MX-250 and MX-150 emitters, providing greater flexibility to switch between LED Spot and Flood curing configurations
- Instant on-off – no warm-up period
- Comfortable hand-held operating temperature
- Temperature monitoring assuring maximum LED life
- Easily incorporated into automated systems
|Output Frequency||365 nm||385 nm||405 nm|
|Intensity Output* At Array Surface:
Intensity Output* At 25 mm Working Distance:
|Power Supply Input||100-240 VAC ≈ 2.5A, 50-60 Hz|
|LED Timer||0 to 999 seconds|
|Timer Resolution||0.1 seconds|
|LED Activation||Foot pedal, LCD touch screen, or PLC|
|Dimensions (H x W X D)||Controller: 14.6 cm x 9.5 cm x 15.9 cm
Emitter: 20.06 cm x 5 cm x 5 cm
|Weight||Controller: 1.18 kg
Emitter: 0.74 kg
|*Measured using a Dymax ACCU-CAL™ 50-LED Radiometer.|
A complete BlueWave MX-250 system features a) controller/power supply and b) LED emitter. Emitters are available in 365, 385, and 405 nm wavelengths. Accessories noted below can be added for specific applications. Components are sold separately.
Units are warrantied against defects in material and workmanship for one year from date of purchase.
|DYM42380||MX Series Controller/Power Supply – includes 2 m interconnect cable for connection to Emitter|
|DYM42806||RediCure™ LED Flood Emitter (365 nm)|
|DYM42807||PrimeCure™ LED Flood Emitter (385 nm)|
|DYM42808||VisiCure™ LED Flood Emitter (405 nm)|
|DYM42390||Mounting Stand for Emitter|
|DYM41395||Three-Sided Acrylic Light Shield – 22 cm W x 22 cm D x 21 cm H. Works with DYM42390 Mounting Stand. UV blocking.|
|DYM35285||Protective Goggles – UV blocking, grey tint, fit over prescription spectacles (included)|
- Last updated: February 2018
- Version: 1.3
Statements, technical information and recommendations contained herein are based on tests we believe to be reliable but they are not to be construed in any manner as warrantees expressed or implied. The user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.