About Opti-tec 5013 Optically Clear, Fast Cure Epoxy Adhesive
Opti-tec 5013 is a two component, medium viscosity epoxy with high optical clarity. It has a fast room temperature cure, which can be accelerated by heat. Opti-tec 5013 is designed as an adhesive, or for small potting and encapsulation projects where high optical clarity, good wetting and medium viscosity are important.
Opti-tec 5013 can be used for bonding glass, quartz, metal and many plastics. It finds uses in assembly and repair of glass items where a clear adhesive is required.
Features & Benefits
- Optically clear
- Viscosity of 5,000-10,000 cps
- Sets within minutes and cures within hours at room temperature. It reaches handling strength in 30 minutes. Full cure can be achieved in 10 minutes at 65°C.
- High surface energy allows it to wet and wick between surfaces. It develops strong adhesion to most materials used in optics, including metals, ceramics, glass and most plastics.
- Good impact and thermal shock resistance
- Hard material after cure and can be polished
- Good resistance to yellowing
- Supplied in convenient side-by-side double syringe cartridges, complete with static mixing nozzles.
- Glass and metal bonding
- Repair of glass, wood, ceramic, metal
- Repair or restoration of minerals, gems and quartz crystals
- Optical assembly, optical filters, lenses, prisms
- Optical encapsulation & glob topping, small volume casting or potting
- Opto-electronics, photonics, LEDs
|Typical properties||Opti-tec 5013|
|Mix ratio||1:1 resin to hardener|
|Mixed viscosity||5-10 Pa.s (5,000-10,000 cps)|
|Colour||Clear, water white|
|Pot life||5 minutes @ 23°C
Recommended maximum application 2 grams
Larger quantities may lead to exothermic reactions which may have undesired effects
|Cure schedule||Bondline temperature
(24 hours @ 23°C)
|Hardness||Shore D 70|
|Temperature range||-60 to 125°C|
|Lap shear strength (Al/Al)||8 MPa|
|Shrinkage on cure||3%|
|Shelf life||12 months in original sealed containers|
|Adhesive bonded joints||Sheer stress at failure (MPa)||Mode of failure|
|Aluminium 6082 T6 (AL)||2.2||Adhesion|
|Nylon 6/6 (PA)||1.5||Adhesion|
|Glass (G)||2.1||Cohesive substrate|
|Adhesive Problem? What’s the Cure?
A guide to adhesive bonding, considering structural bonding and the criteria involved for successful assembly.
Our Technical Bulletins page has links to:
See how Opti-tec 5013 works as part of real application in this adhesive Case Study:
|Glass artist completes high-quality work in short timelines with Opti-tec 5013 epoxy
The award-winning glass artist, Anthony Scala, uses Opti-tec 5013 optically clear, fast-curing, glass epoxy to effectively repair sculptures without sacrificing process speed.
Opti-tec 5013 is available in a convenient side-by-side double syringe cartridge.
The OPT5013-50KIT contains a 50 gram cartridge of epoxy, a Syringe Gun and three static mixing nozzles. It is ideal for product evaluations or small quantity users.
|OPT5013-50G||Optically Clear Fast Cure Epoxy Adhesive, Double Syringe Cartridge, 50g|
|IDM805001||Syringe Gun – for 50g cartridges|
|IDM2N10||Static Mixing Nozzle (pkg 10) – for 50g cartridges|
|OPT5013-50KIT||Contains 50g cartridge of epoxy, a Syringe Gun and three static mixing nozzles|
For best results, store away from amines, acids, oxidising agents, oxidising materials and strong alkalis. Static electricity and formation of sparks must be prevented and should avoid heat, flames, and other sources of ignition. Keep only in the original container. Keep container upright and tightly closed, in a cool, well-ventilated place. Protect containers from damage. Bund storage facilities to prevent soil and water pollution in the event of spillage. The storage area floor should be leak-tight, jointless and not absorbent.
Our technical team are on hand to discuss your application requirements. Click here to get in touch.
Find out more information on how to purchase.
- Last updated: September 2020
- Version: 2.7
Statements, technical information and recommendations contained herein are based on tests we believe to be reliable but they are not to be construed in any manner as warrantees expressed or implied. The user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.