Optically Clear, Fast Cure Epoxy Adhesive for Glass and Glass/Metal Bonding
Opti-tec™ 5013 is a two component, medium viscosity epoxy with high optical clarity. It has a fast room temperature cure, which can be accelerated by heat. Opti-tec 5013 is designed as an adhesive, or for small potting and encapsulation projects where high optical clarity, good wetting and medium viscosity are important.
Opti-tec 5013 can be used for bonding glass, quartz, metal and many plastics. It finds uses in assembly and repair of glass items where a clear adhesive is required.
- Optic-tec 5013 is an optically clear adhesive with a viscosity of 5,000-10,000 cps.
- Optic-tec 5013 sets within minutes and cures within hours at room temperature. It reaches handling strength in 30 minutes. Full cure can be achieved in 10 minutes at 65°C.
- Optic-tec 5013 has high surface energy. This allows it to wet and wick between surfaces. It develops strong adhesion to most materials used in optics, including metals, ceramics, glass and most plastics.
- Optic-tec 5013 has good impact and thermal shock resistance.
- Optic-tec 5013 is a hard material after cure and can be polished.
- Optic-tec 5013 has good resistance to yellowing.
- Optic-tec 5013 is supplied in convenient side-by-side double syringe cartridges, complete with static mixing nozzles.
- Glass and metal bonding
- Repair of glass, wood, ceramic, metal
- Repair or restoration of minerals, gems and quartz crystals
- Optical assembly, optical filters, lenses, prisms
- Optical encapsulation & glob topping, small volume casting or potting
- Opto-electronics, photonics, LEDs
|Mix ratio||1:1 resin to hardener|
|Mixed viscosity||5-10 Pa.s (5,000-10,000 cps)|
|Colour||Clear, water white|
|Pot life||5 minutes @ 23°C
Recommended maximum application 2 grams
Larger quantities may lead to exothermic reactions which may have undesired effects
|Cure schedule||Bondline temperature
(24 hours @ 23°C)
|Hardness, Shore D||70|
|Temperature range||-60 to 125°C|
|Lap shear strength (Al/Al)||8 MPa|
|Shrinkage on cure||3%|
|Shelf life||12 months in original sealed containers|
Opti-tec 5013 is available in a convenient side-by-side double syringe cartridge.
The OPT5013-50KIT contains a 50 gram cartridge of epoxy, a Syringe Gun and three static mixing nozzles. It is ideal for product evaluations or small quantity users.
|OPT5013-50G||Optically Clear Fast Cure Epoxy Adhesive, Double Syringe Cartridge, 50 gram|
|IDM805001||Syringe Gun – for 50g cartridges|
|IDM2N10||Static Mixing Nozzle (pkg 10) – for 50g cartridges|
|OPT5013-50KIT||Contains 50 gram cartridge of epoxy, a Syringe Gun and three static mixing nozzles|
Our Technical Bulletins page has links to:
- Technical Bulletin: Instructions: 50ml Side-by-Side Double Syringe Cartridges
17 Station Field Industrial Estate,
Banbury Road, Kidlington
t 01865 842842