Opti-tec 5006 Optically Clear ISO 10993 Epoxy Adhesive is a two component, medium viscosity epoxy with high optical clarity. It has a fast room temperature cure, which can be accelerated by heating. Opti-tec 5006 is designed for potting, encapsulation and adhesion of components where high optical clarity, good wetting and medium viscosity are important.
Opti-tec 5006 can be used for bonding glass, quartz, metal and many plastics. It has been certified as non-cytotoxic, and may be considered for use in the manufacture of medical devices.
Features & Benefits
- Optically clear, with excellent resistance to yellowing.
- Medium viscosity of 5,000-10,000 cps.
- Fast cure at room or low temperature, and reaches handling strength in 30 minutes. Full cure can be achieved in 10 minutes at 65°C.
- Meets ISO 10993-5
- High surface energy allows Opti-tec 5006 to wet and wick between surfaces
- Develops strong adhesion to most materials used in optics, including metals, ceramics, glass and most plastics
- Good impact and thermal shock resistance.
- Opti-tec 5006 is a hard material after cure and can be polished
- Opti-tec 5006, when cured, is considered non-cytotoxic and meets the requirements of the Elution Test, ISO 10993-5
- Optical assembly
- Medical device assembly
- Plastic & glass fibre optics
|Mix ratio||1:1 resin to hardener|
|Mixed viscosity||5-10 Pa.s (5,000-10,000 cps)|
|Colour||Clear, water white|
|Pot life||5 minutes @ 23°C (2 gram mix)
Max suggested mix 25g
|Cure schedule||Bondline temperature
(24 hours @ 23°C)
|Hardness, Shore D||70|
|Temperature range||-60 to 125°C|
|Lap shear strength (Al/Al)||8 MPa|
|Shrinkage on cure||3%|
|Shelf life||12 months in original sealed containers|
OPT 5006 is available in a convenient side-by-side double syringe cartridge.
Remove the seal and attach a static mixing nozzle to the cartridge. Place the cartridge in an IDM Syringe Gun. Squeeze the Syringe Gun trigger until some mixed epoxy comes out of the nozzle. The Syringe Gun gives good control of the adhesive flow.
|OPT5006-50G||Optically Clear Fast Cure Epoxy Adhesive, Double Syringe Cartridge, 50 gram|
|IDM805001||Syringe Dispensing Gun for 50g cartridges|
|IDM2N10||Static Mixing Nozzle (pkg 10) – for 50g cartridges|
|OPT5006-50KIT||Contains 50 gram cartridge of epoxy, a Syringe Gun and three static mixing nozzles|
For optimal results, store away from oxidising agents, oxidising materials, amines, acids, and strong alkalis. Static electricity and formation of sparks must be prevented and should avoid heat, flames, and other sources of ignition. Keep only in the original container. Keep container tightly closed, in a cool, well-ventilated place. Keep containers upright. Protect containers from damage. Bund storage facilities to prevent soil and water pollution in the event of spillage. The storage area floor should be leak-tight, jointless and not absorbent.
- Last updated: July 2019
- Version: 3.3
Statements, technical information and recommendations contained herein are based on tests we believe to be reliable but they are not to be construed in any manner as warrantees expressed or implied. The user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.