The Relyon Plasmatool is a handheld, portable surface treatment device for improving adhesion and wetting on difficult to bond plastics like polyethylene, polypropylene and other polyolefins. The Plasmatool is particularly effective where materials cannot be treated automatically because of size or mobility. With a portable trolley design, the Plasmatool is usable in any area of the workplace.
An integrated air compressor supplies the plasma generator, meaning that no external gas supply is needed. The Plasmatool has been developed with maximum operator safety in mind, including dual trigger activation.
For a system with the same power in a stationary format, please see the Relyon Plasmabrush PB3 Plasma Surface Treatment System.
This short video demonstrates how easy the plasmatool is to use and how adhesion to difficult-to-bond, low surface energy substrates can be improved using plasma surface treatment:
Features & Benefits
- Improves adhesion & wetting of surfaces for large or hard to reach areas
- Convenient and portable design
- Suitable for different processes, substrates and geometries
- No separate PLC necessary
- Stand-alone unit, no compressed air or mass flow control required
- Single person handling thanks to trolley design
- Two-handed operation and signal lamp for advanced safety
- Robust and intuitive, easy to use
- Single power outlet needed
The Plasmatool is ideal for use in industrial and manufacturing environments.
- Food, cosmetics & pharmaceuticals
- Professional model making
The Plasmatool allows fine cleaning and germ reduction on a great variety of surfaces such as glass, plastics or metals and thus provides excellent support in effecting processes in the field of microbiology, medicine, microfluidics or food engineering.
|Electrical connection||220 – 240 V/50 – 60 Hz|
|Power consumption||1,300 W|
|Max input current||6A|
|Measurements||800mm x 540mm x 430mm|
|Sound pressure level||<60dB (A) at a distance of 1 metre|
|REL1000620000||Plasmatool handheld plasma surface treatment device for large structures|
- Last updated: February 2019
- Version: 1.0
Statements, technical information and recommendations contained herein are based on tests we believe to be reliable but they are not to be construed in any manner as warrantees expressed or implied. The user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.