Precision Microdispensing Jetting Valve for Medium to High Viscosity Materials
About Precision Microdispensing Jetting Valve for Medium to High Viscosity Materials
The VERMES MDS 3280 microdispensing jetting valve system dispenses material in small volumes at fast speeds with extremely high accuracy and repeatability. The rising miniaturisation of individual components in production processes demands smaller beads and lines for dispensing whilst increasing production throughput, process reliability and consistent repeatability.
Based on piezoelectric fluid jetting technology, the VERMES MDS 3280 allows for contactless application of materials at high speed with precision at a faster dispensing rate than pneumatic valves.
The VERMES MDS 3280 is recommended for dispensing medium to high viscosity materials up to 2,000,000 mPas in repeatable single dots or beads of ≥0.5 nl. Example fluids include SMT adhesives, conductive adhesives, silicones, LED phosphor, underfillers, hot melts and solder pastes. These materials can be supplied to the valve via a choice of media such as 3ml to 55ml cartridges or pressure pot and hose interface.
For the dispensing of medium viscosity materials, please see the VERMES MDS 3020+.
The system minimises initial set up with its top adjust design “Quickadjust” allowing for easy configuration and adjustment of the tappet and nozzle. An easy cleaning process, including a fluid box that has one-click screwless removal, reduces downtime, optimising production throughput and efficiency.
Specific to production requirements, components of the valves including tappets, nozzles and heating options can be customised to optimise the dispensing process of your application.
Features & Benefits
- Ultra-precise contactless dispensing
- Suitable for high (up to 2,000,000 mPas) viscosity materials
- Reduced production times and increased throughput as a result of fast speeds: frequency >3,000Hz
- Easy-to-remove/replace fluid box for straight-forward cleaning or interchanging of fluids
- Multiple customisable configurations using interchangeable parts
- Integrated fluid box heater regulates process temperature for consistency
- Easy cleaning process reduces downtime of equipment
- “Quickadjust” design minimises set up time of tappet and nozzle and makes further adjustment easier
- Peerless integration into tightest spaces
- Incredible application flexibility
Some examples of applications that could benefit from using a micro dispensing valve system include:
- Life sciences, medical diagnostics and pharmaceutical
- Water based cell and protein solutions
- Electronics, semiconductors
- UV adhesives, cyanoacrylates , conductive adhesives
- Flip chip advanced packaging
- Watch manufacturing and precision mechanics
- Synthetic oils, greases, adhesives
- Bearing and shaft journals
- Renewable energy
- Solder paste, edge/frame sealing, coatings, grease
- Research & Universities
- Data tracking
- RFID tags, antennas
- Anaerobic adhesives
- Sensors, electronic drives
- Consumer electronics
- Optical display adhesives, hot melt materials
- Mobile phones, flat-panel display and printer production
- Lighting and Optoelectronics
- LED production
|Dispensing viscosity||Medium-, high- and highest viscous media up to 2,000,000 mPas|
|Valve Dimensions||92.1 mm H x 41.5 mm W x 36.5 mm D|
|Minimum dispensing quantity||0.5 nl per pulse (depending on medium)|
|Minimum droplet diameter||150 μm|
|Supply pressure||0.1 – 8 bar (rel.), max. 100 bar|
|Additional functionality||Several pattern scenarios can be saved from real-time experience|
|Optional heating system||Regulated nozzle heating: 180 °C, higher upon request|
The VERMES MDS 3280 micro dispensing valve system includes the valve and its corresponding controller the VERMES MDC 3280.
MDC 3200+ Controller
|MDC 3200+ Controller Specifications|
|Dimensions||128 mm H x 102 mm W x 173 mm D, for installation into 19 racks”|
|Power connection||110/240 V AC, 50/60 Hz power socket (back side)|
|Memory for parameter sets||Internal: 40; External: unlimited|
|Valve operating modes||Burst Mode: predefined burst after trigger signal
Single Shot Mode: path length dependent triggering
Infinite Mode: number of shots controlled by external trigger
External Mode: application controlled definable drop volume setting
- Last updated: November 2022
- Version: 1.3
Statements, technical information and recommendations contained herein are based on tests we believe to be reliable but they are not to be construed in any manner as warrantees expressed or implied. The user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.