IRS 2013 is a black, flexible epoxy encapsulant resin system. Its low viscosity and fast room temperature cure make it an ideal potting compound when low stress or adhesion to flexible substrates is required.
Features & Benefits
- Low viscosity, unfilled system
- Excellent potting and encapsulation system with good flow properties
- Cures quickly at room temperature, but with relatively low exotherm
- High flexibility and low exotherm results in a low stress system
- Good adhesion to a wide range of substrates, but very high peel strengths on flexible substrates
- Good shock resistance due to flexibility
- Excellent electrical properties
- Good chemical resistance to solvents, oils, fuels, acids and bases
- Black, high gloss finish
- Available in easy-to-use twinpacks
|Curing||Pot life @ 23°C: 30 minutes
Cure time @ 23°C: 8 hours
|Mixed viscosity||<5 Pa.s (5000 cps)|
|Hardness, Shore D||70|
|Lap shear (Al/Al)||20 MPa|
|Peel strength (rubber/rubber)||25N/cm|
|Dielectric strength||13 kV/mm|
|Operating temperature||-40°C to 150°C|
IRS 2013 is available in twinpacks or in bulk.
The twinpack sachet is a clear film sachet, with the resin and hardener separated by a removable clip and rail divider. Click here for twinpack mixing instructions.
|IRS2013-120G||Flexible Epoxy Encapsulant/Potting Compound, 120 gram twinpack|
- Last updated: February 2017
- Version: 2.1
Statements, technical information and recommendations contained herein are based on tests we believe to be reliable but they are not to be construed in any manner as warrantees expressed or implied. The user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.