About IRS 2013 Low Stress Flexible Epoxy Encapsulant / Potting Compound
IRS 2013 is a black, flexible epoxy encapsulant resin system. Its low viscosity and fast room temperature cure make it an ideal potting compound when low stress or adhesion to flexible substrates is required.
Features & Benefits
- Low viscosity, unfilled system
- Excellent potting and encapsulation system with good flow properties
- Cures quickly at room temperature, but with relatively low exotherm
- High flexibility and low exotherm results in a low stress system
- Good adhesion to a wide range of substrates, but very high peel strengths on flexible substrates
- Good shock resistance due to flexibility
- Excellent electrical properties
- Good chemical resistance to solvents, oils, fuels, acids and bases
- Black, high gloss finish
- Available in easy-to-use twinpacks
|Curing||Pot life @ 23°C: 30 minutes
Cure time @ 23°C: 8 hours
|Mixed viscosity||<5 Pa.s (5000 cps)|
|Hardness, Shore D||70|
|Lap shear (Al/Al)||20 MPa|
|Peel strength (rubber/rubber)||25 N/cm|
|Dielectric strength||13 kV/mm|
|Operating temperature||-40°C to 150°C|
|Safety Data Sheets|
|For the latest SDS for this product, please e-mail email@example.com|
IRS 2013 is available in twinpacks or in bulk.
The twinpack sachet is a clear film sachet, with the resin and hardener separated by a removable clip and rail divider. Click here for twinpack mixing instructions.
|IRS2013-120G||Flexible Epoxy Encapsulant/Potting Compound, 120 gram twinpack|
For best results, store away from strong alkalis, oxidising materials, strong acids and amines. The conditions must prevent the formation of sparks and static electricity. Keep only in the original container. Keep container upright and tightly closed, in a cool, well-ventilated place. Protect containers from damage. Bund storage facilities to prevent soil and water pollution in the event of spillage. The storage area floor should be leak-tight, jointless and not absorbent.
Our technical sales team are on hand to discuss your application requirements. Click here to get in touch.
Find out more information on how to purchase.
- Last updated: July 2021
- Version: 2.4
Statements, technical information and recommendations contained herein are based on tests we believe to be reliable but they are not to be construed in any manner as warrantees expressed or implied. The user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.