About SILPURAN 4200 Medical-Grade Silicone Adhesive
Wacker SILPURAN® 4200 Medical-Grade Silicone Adhesive is a ready to use, non-slump to self-levelling, single part RTV silicone. Containing no organic plasticisers, SILPURAN 4200 is resistant to radiation, can be readily sterilised (EtO, gamma and steam) and is certified for biocompatibility in accordance with selected ISO 10993 and USP Class VI tests, making it well suited for medical applications where adhesion to silicone, high flexibility or excellent temperature resistance is required.
SILPURAN 4200 is a pasty, but self-levelling compound that shows shear thinning behaviour, and can be applied manually or with automated dispensing systems, making it suitable for a range of production volumes. It is single part and cures at room temperature.
Upon curing/vulcanisation, SILPURAN 4200 forms a silicone elastomer with outstanding mechanical strength, making it ideal for permanently bonding components of medical devices. Although SILPURAN 4200 is particularly suitable for bonding vulcanised silicone parts, it exhibits good, primerless adhesion to substrates such as glass, ceramics, metals, plastics and powder coatings.
SILPURAN 4200 is designed for medical applications in compliance with WACKER Silicones health care policy. Properly cured SILPURAN 4200 can be used for food contact applications and is suitable for use under the Recommendation “XV. Silicones” of the BfR (German Federal Institute for Risk Assessment) as well as FDA 21 CFR § 175.300 and CFR §177.2600.
Features & Benefits
- ISO 10993 and USP Class VI compliant
- Primerless adhesion to most substrates
- Good weathering, UV and aging resistance
- Recommended service temperature ~ -50°C to 180°C
- Suitable for food contact use
- Sterilisable for single and repeated use
- Resistant to a large number of solvents and chemicals
- Catalyst is organotin free
- Bonding cured silicone parts
- Highly elastic bonding between silicone and textiles
- Tubing, drainage
- Seals, gaskets, O-rings, valves, membranes
- Respiratory care, anaesthetics, e. g. masks
- Prosthetic and orthotic devices
|Tensile strength||5.5 N/mm2|
|Hardness, Shore A||35|
|Tear strength||10 N/mm|
- Last updated: August 2020
- Version: 1.1
SILPURAN® is a registered trademark of Wacker Chemie AG. Statements, technical information and recommendations contained herein are based on tests we believe to be reliable but they are not to be construed in any manner as warranties expressed or implied. The user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.