About Opti-tec 5001 Optical Epoxy Adhesive
Opti-tec 5001 is a two component, very low viscosity optical epoxy with very high optical clarity. It has a long pot life and can be cured at room temperature or at 65°C for 1 hour. Opti-tec 5001 is designed for potting, encapsulation and adhesion of components where high optical clarity, good wetting and low viscosity are important.
Features & Benefits
- High optical clarity with excellent resistance to yellowing
- Clear, water white with a low viscosity of 100 cps.
- Room or low temperature cure
- Low fluorescence
- High surface energy and low viscosity allows it to readily wet and wick between surfaces. It develops strong adhesion to most materials used in optics, including metals, ceramics, glass and most plastics
- Good impact and thermal shock resistance, with low internal stresses due to low shrinkage on cure
- Cures to a hard, glass-like material which can be polished
- Good chemical and moisture resistance
- Opti-tec 5001 is also available in a translucent white version
- Optical assembly, optical filters
- Glass bonding
- Plastic fibre optics
- Opto-electronics, photonics
- Potting or encapsulation where high optical clarity is required: thin rock sections, geology samples, relics and artifacts, tissue samples, petrology
|Mix ratio||100:25 resin to hardener|
|Mixed viscosity||0.1 Pa.s (100 cps) @ 25°C|
|Pot life||1 hour @ 23°C (< 25g mix)
2 hours @ 23°C (< 4g mix)
Max suggested mix 100g
|Cure schedule||Bondline temperature
|Note: Optimal cured properties are achieved by curing at a bondline temperature of 65°C.|
(60 minutes @ 65°C)
|Glass transition temperature (Tg)||50°C|
|Hardness, Shore D||81|
|Temperature range||-60 to 200°C|
|Lap shear strength (Al/Al)||3000 N|
|Optical transmission||>97% @ 300-900 nm|
|Refractive index||1.54 est.|
Opti-tec 5001 is available in twinpacks or in bulk kits.
The twinpack is a clear film sachet, with the resin and hardener separated by a removable clip and rail divider. Click here for twinpack mixing instructions.
Standard twinpack size is 4g total weight. Opti-tec 5001 twinpack sachets are packaged in quantities of 5, sealed into a protective aluminium foil pouch. After opening pouch, use adhesive twinpacks within a few days, or tightly reseal the pouch with the enclosed desiccant to preserve shelf-life.
Standard 500g bulk kit comprises two bottles, one each of Part A and Part B.
|OPT5001-4G||5 x 4g twinpack sachets|
|OPT5001-W-500G||500g kit||translucent white version|
Storage: Store in the original unopened containers under cool dry conditions between 15° and 25°C.
Our technical team are on hand to discuss your application requirements. Click here to get in touch.
Find out more information on how to purchase.
- Last updated: November 2020
- Version: 5.6
Statements, technical information and recommendations contained herein are based on tests we believe to be reliable but they are not to be construed in any manner as warrantees expressed or implied. The user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.