About Born2Bond Light Lock UV Cyanoacrylate Adhesives
Born2Bond™ Light Lock HV and Born2Bond™ Light Lock Gel are low-odour, low-blooming, dual-cure, UV cyanoacrylate adhesives. The first odourless, light-curing cyanoacrylate adhesive technology. They are designed for bonding applications that require fast fixturing, coating or surface cure. Born2Bond Light Lock cyanoacrylate adhesives (CAs) are curable both by conventional CA mechanisms (usually by exposure to surface moisture) and UV/visible light. The UV- and visible-light cure sensitivity allows rapid bonding through transparent parts and quick curing of exposed fillets or areas, while the “instant” CA bonding capability ensures fast interfacial cures.
The Born2Bond Light Lock series of UV cyanoacrylate adhesives are ISO 10993-5 and ISO 10993-10 tested and are suitable for consideration in the assembly of medical devices.
Specific UV wavelength is not critical – the useful range is from 365nm to 430nm and LED-based technology is acceptable. We have found that a 405nm lamp with an output intensity of 30mW/cm2 is suitable for a fast cure.
Features & Benefits
- Dual cure formulation: instant and light cure
- Fast light cure of exposed fillets or squeeze out
- ISO 10993 tested and suitable for consideration in the assembly of medical devices
- Odourless and low blooming
- Non-irritating, non-lachrymatory
- Safe to use – no hazard symbols on the label
- Dry-to-touch, tack free surface cures
- Fixture time in 60s (without light exposure)
- Curable with low power visible or long wave UV light in less than 5 seconds
- Available in high viscosity and gel formulations
- Bonding, repair, coating, infilling
- In electronics manufacturing: ruggedising, wire tacking, encapsulating, insulation, coating
- In medical device manufacturing: plastic and/or metal bonding
- Glass to metal bonding for jewellery, watches, perfume and liquor bottles
|Typical properties||Born2Bond Light Lock HV||Born2Bond Light Lock Gel|
|Viscosity (cps)||600 – 900||30,000 – 45,000|
|Gap Fill (mm)||<10||<10|
|Fixture Time (sec)||30 – 90||30 – 90|
|Bond Strength (MPa)||6||5|
|Temperature Use Range (°C)||-40 to 80||-40 to 80|
|Hardness Shore D||76|
|Refractive Index (ABBE)||1.48 – 1.49||1.49 – 1.50|
|Glass Transition Temperature (°C)||92||94|
|Volume Resistivity (Ohm.m)||1.8·1013||1.8·1013|
|Specific Gravity (g/mL)||1.10||1.12|
|Substrate||Born2Bond Light Lock HV||Born2Bond Light Lock Gel|
Blend of PC and ABS
Powder coated or
Grit blasted mild steel
Key: = Moderate = Good = Excellent
|B2B30615137||Born2Bond Light Lock cyanoacrylate adhesive – high viscosity||20g tube|
|B2B30615142||Born2Bond Light Lock cyanoacrylate adhesive – high viscosity||500g bottle|
|B2B30615139||Born2Bond Light Lock cyanoacrylate adhesive – gel viscosity||20g tube|
|B2B30615440||Born2Bond Primer||30ml bottle|
Our technical sales team are on hand to discuss your application requirements. Click here to get in touch.
Find out more information on how to purchase.
- Last updated: March 2021
- Version: 1.3
Statements, technical information and recommendations contained herein are based on tests we believe to be reliable but they are not to be construed in any manner as warrantees expressed or implied. The user shall determine the suitability of the product for his intended use and the user assumes all risk and liability whatsoever in connection therewith.