- Low viscosity
- Low stress
- Room or low temperature cure
Opti-tec 5020 is a clear, two component, low viscosity epoxy which will cure in thick sections at room temperature. In thin section, it is clear and transparent. In thicker sections, it can take a yellow or straw tint. Opti-tec 5020 is designed for potting and encapsulation of components where optical clarity, good wetting and low viscosity are important.
Opti-tec 5020-B is a black version with similar properties.
- Potting or encapsulation
- Encapsulation of larger components
- Optical assembly, optical filters, LEDs
- Void filling in cables
- OPT 5020 is a clear adhesive with a viscosity of 1000 cps.
- OPT 5020 has the resiliency to cope with internal stresses of larger encapsulations. It has a relatively low level of exotherm during cure, and so is safe to use with delicate components.
- OPT 5020 has about a one hour pot life after mixing and cures within 24 hours at room temperature in thick sections.
- OPT 5020 has low viscosity allowing it to fill voids without air entrapment.
- OPT 5020 cures to a high gloss finish, even under high humidity.
||2:1 resin to hardener
||1 Pa.s (1000 cps) @ 25°C
||75 minutes @ 25°C
|Rate of cure will depend on temperature and volume. Thin films will take 2-3 days at a similar temperature.
|Hardness, Shore D
||-55 to 115°C
||12 months in original sealed containers
Opti-tec 5020 is available in twinpacks or in bulk.
The twinpack sachet is a clear film sachet, with the resin and hardener separated by a removable clip and rail divider. To mix the adhesive, remove the divider and mix the two parts together within the sachet. The two parts are mixed until they appear uniform, which usually takes about 1 to 2 minutes. Cut off one corner of the sachet, and dispense to required area, or to syringe for more precise application.
Standard twinpack size is 100g total weight.
||Clear Epoxy Potting Compound - 100g twinpack sachet
||Clear Epoxy Potting Compound - 750g kit
||Black Epoxy Potting Compound - 100g twinpack sachet
||Black Epoxy Potting Compound - 750g kit
||Obtain more information, samples or literature
||Contact details and how to order