- Optically clear
- Medium viscosity
- Fast cure
- Room or low temperature cure
Opti-tec 5013 is a two component, medium viscosity epoxy
with high optical clarity. It has a fast room temperature cure, which can
be accelerated by heat. Opti-tec 5013 is designed as an adhesive, or for small potting and encapsulation
projects where high optical clarity, good wetting and
medium viscosity are important.
Opti-tec 5013 can be used for bonding glass, quartz, metal and many plastics.
It finds uses in assembly and repair of glass items where a clear adhesive
- Optical assembly, optical filters, lenses, prisms
- Glass bonding
- Opto-electronics, photonics, LEDs
- Optical encapsulation & glob topping, small volume casting or potting
- Repair of glass, wood, ceramic, metal
- Repair or restoration of minerals, gems and quartz crystals
Opti-tec 5013 is used for bonding and repairing glass
- OPT 5013 is an optically clear adhesive with a viscosity of 5,000-10,000 cps.
- OPT 5013 sets within minutes and cures within hours at room temperature. It reaches handling strength in 30 minutes. Full cure can be achieved in 10 minutes at 65°C.
- OPT 5013 has high surface energy. This allows it to wet and wick between surfaces. It develops strong adhesion to most materials used in optics, including metals, ceramics, glass and most plastics.
- OPT 5013 has good impact and thermal shock resistance.
- OPT 5013 is a hard material after cure and can be polished.
- OPT 5013 has good resistance to yellowing.
- OPT 5013 is supplied in convenient side-by-side double syringe cartridges, complete with static mixing nozzles.
||1:1 resin to hardener
||5-10 Pa.s (5,000-10,000 cps)
||Clear, water white
||5 minutes @ 23°C
Recommended maximum application 2 grams
Larger quantities may lead to exothermic reactions which may have undesired effects
(24 hours @ 23°C)
|Hardness, Shore D
||-60 to 125°C
|Lap shear strength (Al/Al)
|Shrinkage on cure
||12 months in original sealed containers
Opti-tec 5013 is available in a convenient side-by-side double syringe cartridge.
The OPT5013-50KIT contains a 50 gram cartridge of epoxy, a Syringe Gun and three static mixing nozzles. It is ideal for product evaluations or small quantity users.
||Optically Clear Fast Cure Epoxy Adhesive, Double Syringe Cartridge, 50 gram
||Syringe Gun - for 50g cartridges
||Static Mixing Nozzle (pkg 10) - for 50g cartridges
||Contains 50 gram cartridge of epoxy, a Syringe Gun and three static mixing nozzles
Our Technical Bulletins & Articles page has links to:
||Obtain more information, samples or literature
||Contact details and how to order