Clear Epoxy Potting Compound
Opti-tec 5020 is a clear, two component, low viscosity optical epoxy which will cure in thick sections at room temperature. In thin sections, it is clear and transparent. In thicker sections, it can take a yellow or straw tint. Opti-tec 5020 is designed for potting and encapsulation of components where optical clarity, good wetting and low viscosity are important.
Opti-tec 5020-B is a black version with similar properties.
- Opti-tec 5020 is a clear adhesive with a viscosity of 1000 cps.
- Opti-tec 5020 has the resiliency to cope with internal stresses of larger encapsulations. It has a relatively low level of exotherm during cure, and so is safe to use with delicate components.
- Opti-tec 5020 has about a one hour pot life after mixing and cures within 24 hours at room temperature in thick sections.
- Opti-tec 5020 has low viscosity allowing it to fill voids without air entrapment.
- Opti-tec 5020 cures to a high gloss finish, even under high humidity.
- Potting or encapsulation
- Encapsulation of larger components
- Optical assembly, optical filters, LEDs
- Void filling in cables
|Mix ratio||2:1 resin to hardener|
|Mixed viscosity||1 Pa.s (1000 cps) @ 25°C|
|Pot life||75 minutes @ 25°C|
|Cure schedule||Bondline temperature
|Rate of cure will depend on temperature and volume. Thin films will take 2-3 days at a similar temperature.|
|Hardness, Shore D||60|
|Temperature range||-55 to 115°C|
|Tensile strength||50 MPa|
|Dielectric strength||13 kV/mm|
|Volume resistivity||1014 ohm.m|
|Shelf life||12 months in original sealed containers|
Opti-tec 5020 is available in twinpacks or in bulk.
The twinpack sachet is a clear film sachet, with the resin and hardener separated by a removable clip and rail divider. Click here for twinpack mixing instructions.
Standard twinpack size is 100g total weight.
|OPT5020-100G||Clear Epoxy Potting Compound – 100g twinpack sachet|
|OPT5020-750G||Clear Epoxy Potting Compound – 750g kit|
|OPT5020-B-100G||Black Epoxy Potting Compound – 100g twinpack sachet|
|OPT5020-B-750G||Black Epoxy Potting Compound – 750g kit|
17 Station Field Industrial Estate,
Banbury Road, Kidlington
t 01865 842842